Food and nutrition security and livelihood
Thematic Area of Intervention
Considering current problem of the country, CCFRY focuses on the most deprived and vulnerable population to provide access to shelters, food, drinking water and hygiene facilities and support to the education to uplift socio-economic conditions by reducing the risk of deterioration of livelihood status of the people. Some core areas of priorities are enlisted below;
Food & Nutrition security and Livelihood
Nepal is a diverse and resourceful country. But due to the lack of proper utilization of resource people are suffering with minimum livelihood. Nepal’s agriculture provides livelihood opportunity for around 70% of its population. Due to the factors like limited access of farmers to improved, seed, technology and market, agriculture this sector has not been able to attract youth as well as hunger and malnutrition is wide spread all over the country. This has resulted into the depressed rural economy and increased seasonal migration of youth to abroad for seasonal employment. Further there is an increased trend of permanent migration of community in urban area for better livelihood options. Similarly, nutritional deficiency is a major public health challenge in Nepal which is adversely impacting to public health of vulnerable people and national economy as well. The causes of nutrition deficiency in Nepal are food deficit, poverty, lack of nutrition education and consumption habit. So, our focus on food and nutrition security and livelihood are the creation of situation of availability, access and utilization of food. Major focus we provide is;
- Nutrition education to poor, food deficit and vulnerable community
- Intensive support in home gardening since home garden is the major source of supply of family nutrition.
- Support the community in improved organic agriculture and livestock and linkage with market so that the food is available at required quantity and quality and in required time to the people
- Support the community for off-farm income generation activities and saving to increase purchase capacity of nutrition rich food
- Support the community in healthy utilization of food with health and hygiene education.
Send Us Your Feedback!